Food is an essential element in all our lives. In today’s busy environment getting the family around the table to share a wholesome home cooked meal can be a challenge. At Christmas time delivering a feast to satisfy the extended family can be stressful especially when hosting for demanding relatives.
For many years I have been praised as a genius chef for cooking the Xmas ham, however I can’t take all the credit as I have relied upon my wife Jodie’s family recipe for Orange ham. Whilst I am in fear of my life for releasing the recipe to you it is simply too good not to be shared.
Step 1 – Sauce
- 1 Bottle of Breakfast Marmalade Jam;
- 1 Tablespoon French Mustard;
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar;
- 500 mls Orange Juice; and
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Add all ingredients into a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the Marmalade jam becomes liquified.
Step 2 – Prepare the Ham
- Remove the skin from the ham but leave a covering of the fat on the ham;
- Make deep cuts with a large knife into the ham both across and length ways;
- Cut an orange into circle pieces;
- Cover the ham with the orange pieces attach with cloves;
- Place the ham in a baking tray.
Step 3 – Cook the Ham
- Turn your BBQ on a low heat;
- Place the ham (and baking tray) on the BBQ;
- Cover the ham with approximately 50% of the sauce (leave the rest for basting);
- Baste the ham every 15-20 minutes
- Entire cooking time 90 mins – 2 hours depending on size of the ham.