Food is an essential element in all our lives. In today’s busy environment getting the family around the table to share a wholesome home cooked meal can be a challenge. With winter upon us I want to share with you one of my new recipes, which you can feel free to use at your own risk to satisfy the hunger of your loved ones, Butter Chicken.
- 1 bunch of coriander finely chopped & grounded
- 800 grams chicken thigh or breast fillet (cut into 3cm pieces)
- 2 red chillies (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 5 cm fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garum masala
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 50 grams butter
- 1 brown onion
- 410 grams tomato puree
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup thickened cream
- Place yoghurt, ginger, cumin, coriander, garum masala, chillies in a dish and coat the chicken leave for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil & butter in a heavy saucepan on a medium heat add onion & garlic.
- Add chicken mixture to pan cook for 5 minutes (until starts to brown)
- Add tomato puree & chicken stock, cover bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in cream for a further 5 minutes and serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.