Businesses impacted by the Corona virus will be able to access a wages subsidy from the Federal Government to continue paying their employees. Affected employers will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1,500 per eligible employee from 30 March 2020, for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Businesses with a turnover of less than $1 billion whose turnover will be reduced by more than 30% relative to a comparable period of a year ago (of at least 1 month); or
- Businesses with a turnover of $1 billion or more whose turnover will be reduced by more than 50% relative to a comparable period of a year ago (of at least 1 month) and not subject to the major bank levy.
Employers must have been in an eligible employment relationship as at 1 March 2020. Not-for-profit organisations and self-employed individuals (without employees) that meet the turnover tests are also eligible for Job Keeper Payments.
Payments will be made only in respect of employees that meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by the employer (including those stood down or re-hired);
- Were employed at 1 March 2020;
- Are full-time, part-time or long-term casuals; and
- Not in receipt of a Job Keeper payment from another employer.
- Employers to register their interest in applying for the Job Keeper Payment at ato.gov.au.
- Employers will then be able to apply for the scheme by means of an online application.
- Employers to identify eligible employees for Job Keeper payments and provide monthly updates to the ATO.
- Employers ensure employees receive a minimum $1,500 per fortnight before tax.
If you require further assistance with the Job Keeper payment please contact us on (07) 3910 5675 or [email protected].