Food is an essential element in all our lives. In today’s busy environment getting the family around the table to share a wholesome home cooked meal can be a challenge. Whilst Australia Day has come and gone and Sam Kekovich appeared to be inextricably absent it’s time to fire up the BBQ and celebrate one of my own favourites Greek Style Lamb. This is a carnivore’s delight and a great way to satisfy the hunger of family or friends.
- 1 Leg of Lamb Butterflied by your local butcher
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 150 mls Olive Oil
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary
- Squeeze fresh lemon into a bowl
- Add 150 mls of Olive Oil
- Crush garlic and add to olive oil & lemon juice;
- Cut up 2 sprigs of rosemary and add to the mixture;
- Smother the mixture over the butterflied lamb and leave the marinade to soak overnight;
- Next day remove the lamb 30 minutes prior to cooking;
- Fire up the BBQ and place lamb on the hot plate or grill;
- Cooking time 15-20 minutes depending on your BBQ and size of the lamb; and
- Serve with roasted rosemary potatoes and traditional Greek salad.